We are all settled in. Deep Breath....
It's awesome here. We saw the sun twice already! It tends to hide during the winters in Indy. We love our home and are so thankful for this opportunity. God is Good.
The ride down was pretty rough. It took us 12 hours when it should only take 9. Hannah was sick of driving after hour 2 and she let me know it! Yes, we drove through the great winter "storm" (and thank you to all of our concerned friends and family), but God protected us and brought us here safe.
Since we arrived Saturday night at 2 am, life has been crazy. The movers were great and everything arrived in perfect shape. I highly recommend Wheaton Moving Company to anyone looking to make a big move. They were worth every penny. I have attached some pictures of the new home. We left many things packed, due to the nature of our lease. I'll break Steve down one of these days and get some things hung on the walls!
Two awesome stories:
#1. I possibly have a job working at the Charlotte Athletic Club downtown. Just another testimony to God's reality, love, and faithfulness. We went there to work out the same day we arrived (I know, crazy), and I met the general manager, owner, and training coordinator all at the same time. They are never there together on a Sunday - except this one. If we had arrived in Charlotte one day later, or arrived at the gym a few hours earlier, we would not have all met. I hope to start next Monday. God is real. God is awesome. God is gracious. This is the nicest club I have ever seen. Their trainers are all former DI athletes or just plain rockstars. I would be humbled to work there. Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to continue my passion! Here is the club's link if you want to check it out:
http://www.charlotteathleticclub.com/
#2. We bought Yancy Thigpin's crib yesterday! After finding it on Craig's List about a week ago, I have been in touch with his sweet wife for about a week. Having no idea where they lived or who they were, Steve and I headed out to Indian Trail, NC yesterday in search of one beautiful sleigh crib! Right when we arrived, Yancy and Steve connected like only two football players can. He gave Steve some great advice (for those who don't know, Yancy was an all-pro wide receiver who played in the NFL for 9 years), and I really enjoyed talking to his wife and two daughters. Like Steve, Yancy was released from San Diego after his first year (he was also drafted), but then enjoyed an awesome career in Pittsburgh and Tennessee after that. What an encouragement. What a gift from God.
I know rough times will come. I know this "mountaintop" won't last forever. But I also know that God is Good - always. We will praise him now. We will praise Him when times are hard. Father, thank you. Thank you for always fulfilling Your promises. May we live to display Your Glory. Use us here in Charlotte - may we be obedient to Your call. It is not about us - it is all about You. To You we give our lives.
What a better time to share our "life" verse:
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To HIM be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 5:10


