A picture story told by Hannah....
It was my very first birthday party! I was in a great mood and had both of my naps before everyone arrived. Mommy and Daddy couldn't have been happier about that. Nana and Papa and Grams and Pops came a far way to be with me. I love them so much.
My cake was huge! A full sheet stacked! It was made from vanilla batter with peanut butter/buttercream filling and chocolate icing. It was so moist and yummy. It was supposed to feed 100 people but we have none left! Best part about it was that it was 100% organic :-)
I loved my authentic mexican disney princess pinata filled with tootsie pops, reeces peanut butter cups, sweet tarts, and snickers. Reina, mommy's friend from El Salvador, took mommy to a Domincan supermarket called Compare Foods to buy the pinata.
Pretty table with Mommy's favorite - Pelligrino :-).
Nana and Papa made some awesome guacamole. Straight tex mex delicious. I looooove avocados!
Tamales, tamales, tamales. I loved my first tamale! Caty, who is from Mexico, made 150 chicken tamales just for my party. These North Carolinians never had a good tamale and they were in awe. They couldn't stop eating them! We only had a few left over for Daddy to eat all week :-).
The time was getting near. It could not have been a prettier day.
Spring is here!
My pretty house that God blessed us with.
Daddy being silly.
Grams, cousin Kevin, and Daddy before the party.
Our first guest, Jackson (who is only 2 weeks older than me), Jen (mommy's longtime client), and Jeremy her husband.
3 different kinds of chips, 3 different kinds of salsa, and Nana's famous guacamole was ready to go, and boy did it go fast!
Mrs. Connie and Mr. Darryl (our good friends, neighbors, and clients) let us borrow so many pretty things for the party - stools, cool and funky serving platters, drink tubs, and these pretty candles.
My favorite Caroline, Chris, and Pops getting the party started.
MMMM, lots of yummy drinks - diet green tea, G2, Fresca, Pelligrino, Mich Ultra, Dos Equis, and Bud Light Lime. Of course I was not allowed to have any of them!
My mommy loves me! My pretty purple dress that Nana gave me for my party. It is from the cutest maker called Tea.
Do we look alike? Some people say so ;-).

Playing!
Greeting more guests. Here comes Henry and his baby girl Layla.
Playing with all of my friends - here is sweet Layla who is a few months older than me.
My buddy Seamus, whose Daddy trains with Mom and Dad. He is almost 2 and is sooo cute!
TJ...he likes me I think ;-).
The Smithdeals came all the way from Winston for my party. I love them so much. Mommy and Daddy tell me all the time how wonderful they are.
Macon, my best bud who lives next door. She was born only 2 months before me.
There is Layla again ;-)
TJ and Manuel. Cute boys.
Here comes my first cake! Daddy had to blow out the candle for me.
MMMMM. I loved my first sweet treat. Mommy was hoping I wouldn't have a sweet tooth. Yeah right!
Getting all cleaned up.
I have a good-looking Daddy, don't you think? Mommy sure does!
Seamus again!
Pinata time! I was too small, so bigger kids had to break it for me.
I liked picking up all the candy though!
Cousin Bella and me. We had so much fun together all week long.
Gift opening time! Oh goodness my friends were very generous. I received so many great presents, I am extremely thankful.
New books, clothes, and toys...I couldn't have asked for more.
Silly Daddy and Orrin on our little moped. I think there was over 650 lbs pushing down on the tires, I was surprised it still worked!
Mommy says they are dating. I don't get it.
I love my cousin Kev!
Jeremy's turn.
After a long and fun party I was pooped. Getting ready for bed with lil Kev.
The Texas clan. I love you so much Nana, Papa, and Bella! Thank you for coming so far to see me turn 1.
Night Night Aunt Erin and Cousin Kev.
And a few more pics from my birthday week....
At Zada Janes for dinner with my pretty shirt from Connie. Had my first black eyed peas!
Mommy love.
Blessed. So blessed.
I am one pretty baby. Mommy isn't biased or anything!
At Maggianos on my birthday! I had my first cookie!
Mommy tells me that my smile gets cuter each day.
Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD from the heavens; praise him in the heights above. Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts. Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars. Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. Let them praise the name of the LORD, for at his command they were created, and he established them for ever and ever— he issued a decree that will never pass away.
Psalm 148:1-6