Family

Family

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Answered Prayers

Many of you may know that we started a "professional" blog for our training business. It is going well and we are considering writing a book. It would intertwine our personal journey with our lifestyle habits. Now I just need to learn where to start! Title ideas anyone?


While blogging about exercise and diet is definitely a passion of mine, there is nothing like writing about what God is doing in our lives. No doubt, the past two moths have been trying. We still haven't heard about firefighting, and the wait is starting to get unbearable. We have heard that "they" started calling applicants for interviews, but Steve has not heard anything yet. He has been told to just be patient. Moreover, for the past 3 years, Steve has been in NFL training camp at this point. He is excited about his new life off the field and feels wonderful, but football will always be a part of him. Business has been slower because many of our clients take long vacations in the summer - and not having a lot of work is stressful on the finances and the nerves. And finally, there has been something on my mind that really started wearing on me as of late.


This blog has chronicled many of our highs and lows over the first 2 years of our marriage. One thing we are sure of is that God is with us (and you) always. We have been convicted of continually forgetting that fact. When I look back, I am keenly aware of the times when I was afraid, angry, and sometimes just bored. But the Lord was always faithful. His Word promises that when we are in His will, we have nothing to fear. We have been praying for answers and strength to fight through these harder times. And we praise Him - no matter the circumstances, good or bad. But with each day comes new doubts, new temptations, new idols...but CS Lewis reminds us that we must arise EACH day with the single intention to surrender:


The thing is to rely only on God. The time will come when you will regard all of this misery as a small price to pay for having been brought to this dependence. Meanwhile (don’t I know) the trouble is that relying on God has to begin all over every day as if nothing had yet been done.
-CS Lewis (Letters of CS Lewis, p. 220, para 2)

Can I tell you now that the Lord answered my prayers yesterday? The thing that was weighing so heavily on me for months has been lifted. I didn't know when He would do it, and there were times that I wondered if He would. And even if He didn't, I am called to love Him and not His gifts. But His answer has been such a blessing, such a cause for praise, and such an encouragement to persevere.


Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

-Psalm 31:24 (NKJ)


Some pictures of the many blessings that the Good Lord has bestowed upon our little family:


Before church - Hannah = adorable, Mommy = scary monster.

Loves sunglasses just like her Moms! Daddy better watch out!

Hannah ALWAYS wants to eat! She loves everything but veggies now. This is very concerning for me (big surprise, I know). She is 16 months now, and talking a TON. She tries to repeat everything we say, but her favorite words are "mama, bye-bye, milk, puppy (her first word), ball, book, and shoes". She can also point out many of her body parts. Summer days are hot so we like going to the book store and a local park with a water fountain play area. She is a WONDERFUL sleeper and will start preschool 3 days a week at the end of August!

Out front of our neighbor's house during the 24 hours of booty bike race. Very cool to experience in our neighborhood!

Jess, Linds, and Matt came on their annual summer road trip. LOVED having them! This pic is in the epicenter near our work.

Stev e and I are going on a much needed vacation this weekend to Charleston while Nana and Papa take care of munchkin and dumb and dumber :-). We are all headed to Dallas at the end of the month to celebrate Brooke and Bobby's wedding! Great things to look forward to.

And I close with a benediction that our pastor left us with today at church:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6