It is time for a LONG overdue post!
Much has happened since October 27.....
1. Dallas got run over by a car. Yeah, no bueno. But he probably saved me and Hannah's lives. Hannah was in her bike seat while we were coming back from the grocery store with the dogs (I know it sounds unsafe, but we do it every day, and we have never even almost had an accident). I was crossing a crosswalk with the little white guy telling me COME, and a 4 runner turned RIGHT into us. She ran over Dallas' paw and stopped. Long story short, we were all OK, Dallas just needed stitches....a miracle indeed. The police came, there was a witness, it was a mess. To add to the trouble, the lady who hit us had a baby in the back of her car that she nannies for. She promised she would pay the vet bill amidst her sorries and tears. Of course when I called her to tell her the charge, she avoided me. THEN her insurance company refused to pay as well. This debacle lasted for about 3 months.
At first, the whole thing really got to me. I had nightmares about how the accident could have turned out differently ... my sweet baby could have been seriously injured. I had SO much anger and hatred for this woman and the insurance company. But I must say that the Lord used it all for good. After much prayer, I forgave the woman and let go of the situation. Of course, once I let God have His way with my heart, He had His way with the world. We were miraculously put in contact with a bike lawyer (who knew?) who eventually got the insurance company to pay the bill. Amazing. Why do I always forget that God is ALWAYS RIGHT and ALWAYS FAITHFUL???
2. Halloween. Steve and I were Mellow Yellows - random. Hannah was a puppy! We had a great time with our neighbors at a couple of block parties. Hannah loved trick-o-treating. And YES I let her have some candy...ok maybe just one piece :-)
3. My birthday! 27 years OLD. I can't believe it. Steve took me to a very romantic dinner at Upstream - we had some wonderful fresh seafood. He also made me a delicious gluten-free chocolate cake that was GONE within a weeks time. My clients gave me some wonderful presents including some VERY generous items from LULU! I had a wonderful birthday, and I am extremely grateful God's many blessings.
4. Steve and I found a new favorite restaurant: Midtown Smokehouse. Best BBQ in Charlotte, hands down. Must be because the smoker is from TEXAS, DUH! We celebrated my and Gram's belated birthdays when Steve's parents came to town. Thunder road marathon passed through the 'hood that weekend. Beautiful weather, good times with family at the local farmer's market....have I mentioned the word blessed?
4. Jobs. Well, I could write 4 pages about this, but I'll spare you! Steve was offered a Medical Sales job at the beginning of November after about a month of interviewing. It was a miracle how it came about and such an answer to prayer. However, after Steve was "hired" the boss' boss' boss (or something like that) decided that the team here did not need to fill the position (which is now left vacant by a woman who had a baby). I guess it is just a sign of the economy and how tough things are out there. This was very hard to swallow at first. But God has given us a peace about it. Steve has been through the ringer this year with almost getting 3 different ] jobs.
Through it all, we understand how BLESSED we are to have our business. We will continue to give our all to training. It is truly a miracle how we have arrived to this point in our professional career. We are incredibly thankful for all of our current and past clients. We are certain that God has a purpose and a gift for us in this. Our prayer is that Justice Fitness will, above all else, glorify Jesus spread His love to those who need it the most.






