Family

Family

Monday, November 9, 2015

Pregnancy #4

Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may be restored!
Lamentations 5:21
The prize of restoration to God is...restoration. 
He is all our hearts long for. 


I've been wanting to document this current season for a while. After an intense time in the valley, the Lord has given us undeserved rest. Both seasons have been good. Both have grown us. Both seasons are gifts of amazing grace. 

Took this picture the night before the pregnancy test. He had been wooing me...whispering to me...if my faith were strong enough I might have known what to expect the next morning. Divine providence has been so evident in this story. His timing is perfect. Nothing can thwart it. 
7/7/2015

He got to check the test. I was doubtful. He just laughed. I started sobbing. We were...pregnant! With just one this time :)
We got to escape to Florida (just like we did after getting pregnant with the 6) to reflect, rejoice, and raise our hearts in praise to our mighty King. This pic was taken after a sweaty workout...what we love to do most together but hardly ever get to anymore!


Started feeling sick pretty soon this go-around. 
The amazing gifts of Hannah and Hope help me not to wallow in self-pity :)

Crazy cravings ensue. He dies to himself day after day to give us what we need. 
PS. The Stone Table is an AWESOME restaurant in Monroe. 
We HIGHLY recommend!

She's definitely a Justice. 
Doesn't know she's going to be a big sister again yet...

The doctors rejoice with us. They see His hand in this journey, I think. Dr. B takes such good care of me. He will see me every week if my heart needs. This is the first picture at 5 weeks. Baby is real, heart is beating. 
Just incredible!

On a subsequent trip to Dallas after Florida at the end of Summer. 
I get to tell some very close loved ones in person of our news. 
What grace. 

8 weeks strong. We can't take any of it for granted. Every life is a miracle. 

 Feeling pretty tired and sick here! Hallelujah! Gotta keep moving!

and TRAINING! 
What a blessing!

End of summer days. I mean, really? Had to stick this one in here. 

Soccer starts. She's the only girl. 
STUD. 

So thankful for this life. May we worship the Giver and not the gift. 

Growing Strong at 12 weeks!

Homeschool, music, art, gymnastics, tumbling, spanish, soccer, and community keep us working...and resting :)

Many-a-morning and evening walks in the Word keep mama grounded and fueled. 

Community is sweet. Apple picking!

My man is becoming a true carpenter. Just call him Jesus :) 
Celebrating messiah this night. Also revealing the pregnancy at 13 weeks.
His timing is perfect. Just perfect. 

 She's getting ready, don't ya know?

Checking out the new Pine Cove camp in SC. Can't wait to be here as campers!


 I started feeling better around 14 weeks. So, it was time to start making up for my food aversions, tiredness, and despicable moods.
 Gotta love a sushi date surprise at Daddy's work :)

She's such an encouragement. A driven and enthusiastic student. 
Where did she come from?
#Theydon'tbelongtous!
#ThankGod!

We start each day with a walk around the hood. It's our "walk to school". We obviously had to wear our princess outfits this day. 

Community! 
Pumpkins!

Sweet friends and cauliflower pizza thanks to some very special families. 

Did I mention that she is a baller too?

Fall is dawning...which means we MUST need some new clothes :)

So blessed to do what he do. At...work?

Still loving to share the gift of physical fitness. 
Missionary Mamas at JAARs. 
How cool!?

In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus. 
Remember the gospel. Remember the gospel. Remember the gospel. 

Table #2 done! 
He is so gifted. Such a servant. 
I love him so much!

Our church turns 1-year old! 
HIS TIMING IS PERFECT!

16 weeks. Everything well. 
Praise Him.  

Fall football games. We run into the doctor who delivered messiah here. Surreal and sweet.
We get to share our news with him, personally. 

Joy :)

More fall football games. Now, it's the old man dusting off his cleats! Getting to worship Christ here...

Love getting to know our neighbors more. 
What an awesome opportunity...

Perhaps one last trip to Dallas before nana and papa move and baby J arrives. 
Sweet times. 


I know whom I have believed. 
2 Timothy 1:12
I want to know Him...not just about Him. 


Have I mentioned? I'm due on Easter Sunday. 3.27.2016. 
No mere human could author this story...or anyone else's. 

We are but a blink on the timeline of human history. The GREAT story of redemption as it is revealed in God's Word is the most spectacular of all. May each human life be nothing but a reflection of this masterpiece. 

Soon, We will celebrate the climax of history, when God became incarnate. When God did what He had promised to do for thousands of years. When God made a way for us to be in right relationship with Him, forever. 

I understand a little more this year than I did last year. May I be able to say the same in a year's time. Every day, I want to remember that God keeps His promises, and that He is not slow in fulfilling them, as we understand slowness. No. His ways are perfect. His timing is sure. He never, ever changes. 

He is sovereign. 
He is mighty. 
He is a good, good Father. 

Save us, O Lord our God, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise!
Psalm 106:47

MAY WE CONTINUALLY GLORY IN YOUR PRAISE, KING JESUS!