Family

Family

Sunday, March 6, 2016

37

Today, I am 37 weeks pregnant! Let me say that one more time...today, I am 37 WEEKS PREGNANT!



The Maker of man became man that He ... the Bread, might be hungry; that He, the fountain, might thirst; that He, the Light, might sleep; that He, the Way might be wearied by the journey; that He, the Truth, might be accused by false witnesses; that He, the Judge of the living and the dead, might be brought to trial by a mortal judge; that He, justice, might be condemned by the unjust; that He, Discipline, might be scourged with whips; that He, the Foundation, might be suspended on a cross; that Courage might be weakened; that Security might be wounded; that Life might die. To endure these and similar indignities for us, to free us, unworthy creatures, He who existed as the Son of God before all ages, without a beginning, deigned to become the Son of Man ... He did this although He who submitted to such great evils for our sake had done no evil and although we, who were the recipients so much good at His hands, had done nothing to merit these benefits. 
-Augustine of Hippo 
(354-430)

My heart cries with exuberant joy:
"Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!" 
Matthew 21:9

Dear Baby Justice #10,
Hi there sweet one. The doctor says you may be coming soon. I feel the same. But only God knows when you will make your arrival. I've been fearful of you coming too early for 37 weeks now, but today this fear exposes my faithlessness. I wish I trusted God more. He has brought you to 37 weeks! How can I ever thank Him enough? He has written you into quite a story ... one that no earthly man could contrive. I wonder what He has planned for your life. I consider that it may be something spectacular. Your Daddy and I have prayed for and about you for ... well ... a very long time. Your sisters are SO excited to meet you. I think you will like them, even though they may annoy you a lot at first :). We will just roll with it, right? Your Daddy gets tears in his eyes when he thinks about you. He loves you and even came up with your name last night. I can't wait to see you in his arms.

We love you more than words can say, little one. May you come in your perfect time and in your perfect way. We will wait. We will wait on the Lord. He is good. He is so so good. We want nothing more than for you to know and love Him.

For now, I'll keep reminding Daddy that a watched pot never boils :)

Love,

Mommy







 



I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save. 
Isaiah 46:4


Praise You Jesus!