In honor of Steve's return, I went a bit crazy. First of all, I just had it with the dusty corners and dog hair that I just really did not want to spend a whole day cleaning. So yes, I succumbed and had someone come out to clean. Let me just say, best money I have ever spent. Of course this is coming from a super clean freak, but when I came home after 4 people spent about 3 hours detailing the house, it was like Christmas morning. They cleaned EVERYTHING....yes, even the washer, dryer, and hot water heater. Here are some pictures to celebrate the great event.
Squeaky Clean Floors!
I also have been thinking a lot (I know, sad), about this candle that I smelled in a stationary store the other day! It is 100% soy (so the soot is not carcionogenic) and it titled "Winter". I am not sure what Heaven smells like, but this has to be a close second.

And finally, when I was at a local sweet shop in downtown Carmel, I saw these baked goods that a local woman delivers every week. I thought Steve would really enjoy this peanut butter/oreo brownie and oatmeal/peanut butter/chocolate chip cookie! If you know Steve at all you know how much he loves PB :-).
While I know these gifts will make Steve happy when he returns, I know he is most excited about being back with his family. He would be just as happy to come back to a filthy, smelly, and treatless home. He is such a good man - I am so blessed to have him as a husband. He just texted me before his game and this is what it read:
"Just put a new set of initials on my tape. It is a sweet thing. HJ."
Wow, do I really have the privilege of having this man to be my best friend and husband for the rest of my life? God is too good.