Happy Thanksgiving everyone! How great is this Holiday? A chance to scarf down some wonderful food, spend time with friends and family, and of course, let the turkey digest while watching the Cowboys game :-). I will have to introduce that last part to Steve's tradition category. Of course the best part of Thanksgiving is to give God our thanks and gratitude for His many, many blessings.
We are super excited to have Jessica and Michael come up from Nashville to spend the weekend with us! I have already begun preparing the meal - I just LOVE cooking! Steve is going to pick up our organic :-) turkey this morning so I can set it in the brine overnight before roasting it tomorrow. Just for fun, here is our menu (now remember, even though we are only have 4 people eating, Steve easily counts as 3 normal humans)!
1. Turkey (DUH)
2. Stuffing (one with wheat bread, one with brown rice bread for the celiac girl)
3. Cranberry relish (my favorite!)
4. Mashed sweet potatoes
5. Spinach and strawberry salad
6. Corny cornbread (a Justice tradition)
7. Potato rolls (Mamaw Jaco's famous recipe, made from scratch)
8. Green bean casserole (compliments of the Fordinals)
9. Chocolate chip cookies (Steve's creation, made from almond flour)
10. Pie (Not sure what kind yet, also compliments of Mrs. Jessica!)
On another note, I wanted to share the experience we had this past weekend. After Steve's last UFL game, he was told both by his agent and by his UFL team that he was being signed by the Carolina Panthers this week. Well, to make a long story short, Carolina thought Steve had practice squad eligibility left, which he doesn't because he played in too many games last year. So, they were not prepared to cut anyone to bring him in. Needless to say, this was very hard to swallow. But God is good and we trust Him. Why did He let us get our hopes up for nothing? I have no idea. There are many questions that I still don't know the answers to. But I do know that God is with us, the He will take care of us, and that He has a good plan ahead. I can't lie - this life is sometimes very hard to live, but it keeps us on our knees where we belong. Steve did not let this deter him one bit - he loves God and trusts Him with all of his heart. I have such a great husband to lead us.
Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I will be posting pictures tomorrow of our good times with Jess and Michael!
Beautiful Table.
Daddy Holding His Girls.
Love this Life.

First Thanksgiving as a Married Couple = Lesson Learned, Cannot Leave a Digital Thermometer in the Turkey While it Roasts. Whoops!
Steve was a GREAT Carver!
Jessica the Waitress :-).
Yummy Spinach and Strawberry Salad.
I Love to Cook! We Had a Healthy
Feast.
Great Thanksgiving Dinner with Wonderful Friends.
The Fordinals Cleaned Everything. They are Such Servants!
Steve's Famous Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (Made with Almond Flour so I Can Eat Them).

Yummy German Chocolate Chip Cake Compliments of the Fordinals!
It was a success. Nap and Cowboy Time by the Fire.
Thank you Jesus for such a wonderful day. May we have a faith that is grateful - knowing not only that You can do anything, but fully believing that You will bring GOOD to those who love You. Please forgive us for not not thanking You enough. Please forgive us for not believing in Your goodness. We love you. Thank you for Your unconditional love. Thank You for Your incomprehensible grace. Please give us wisdom. Please make us more like Yourself. Please help us to live for You and You alone. Thank you Lord.


