Steve retired from professional football.
Steve lost 90 pounds.
Hannah went from 10 months to 21 months of age, growing in every way each day.
Justice Fitness LLC had a record setting year!
We lived in the same home for 12 months - on Maryland Ave among our beloved neighbors.
Steve almost became a country club fitness director, firefighter, and medical sales rep...but didn't :-)
Big Blue was replaced by Mr. Prius.
Honker TV was replaced by the slim and trim edgeless Samsung.
We became official moped-ers.
Dallas got hit by a car, and saved me and Hannah's lives.
Great books: Crazy Love, The Screwtape Letters, Tuesdays with Morrie, A Love that Multiplies, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and the rest to come...were read.
Best movie of the year: Warrior was viewed.
And.......
God miraculously blessed us with another baby girl, due May 29 2012!
As I look back at what I wrote at the beginning of 2011, I can say....
Practical:
1. Brush and floss teeth EVERY night. Nope.
2. Be in bed by 10PM every night. Nope.
3. Read at least 1 book every month. Almost.
4. Read at least 1 book to Hannah every day. CHECK!
5. Do at least one round of flash cards with Hannah every day. Nope.
6. Be 135 lbs. by May (yes, this is a gain)! Ehhhhh.
Spiritual:
1. Be still. Slow down. Can do better.
2. Pray for fruits of the spirit daily. Focus on those that I am most weak, namely patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. Can do much better.
3. Pray every day with Steve. Getting there.
4. Love, don't judge. Ehhhhh.
5. Be STRONG in God's grace. Good goal to keep working toward.
So basically I am not there yet. I don't know if I will ever be. But I will seek God and His Kingdom and TRUST that all these things will follow. Because, well, God promises that they will.
Steve and I enjoy reflecting on 2011. We agree that the year brought much hardship, but nothing compared to what many people face. We did not lose anyone we love. We have our health and much more - something that can never be taken for granted. More than anything, 2011 taught us more about God's faithfulness. We trust God more now than we did at the beginning of 2011. We understand tithing more, we want to give more than what we keep. We pray that this understanding only deepens as each new day in 2012 approaches. God really is GOOD, as He so wonderfully evidenced in all of our answered prayers, most notably the conception of another child. He gives no greater gift than this.
Peace and Love and prayers for a more God-centered and glorifying 2012.
So basically I am not there yet. I don't know if I will ever be. But I will seek God and His Kingdom and TRUST that all these things will follow. Because, well, God promises that they will.
Steve and I enjoy reflecting on 2011. We agree that the year brought much hardship, but nothing compared to what many people face. We did not lose anyone we love. We have our health and much more - something that can never be taken for granted. More than anything, 2011 taught us more about God's faithfulness. We trust God more now than we did at the beginning of 2011. We understand tithing more, we want to give more than what we keep. We pray that this understanding only deepens as each new day in 2012 approaches. God really is GOOD, as He so wonderfully evidenced in all of our answered prayers, most notably the conception of another child. He gives no greater gift than this.
Peace and Love and prayers for a more God-centered and glorifying 2012.